Scroll past headlines, warnings for state park, state forest closures
Hurricane Updates, The Weather Channel (Note: Autostart Video with sound)
Latest updates on Michael, Tallahassee Democrat
Latest Michael updates, Panama City News Herald
Check our Seafood Festival Calendar for updates post-Michael
State Park Campground Closure List
Click on link to each park for more information. (List updated Wednesday, Oct. 17)
- Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park, Leon County CLOSED
- Anclote Key Preserve State Park, Pasco County Day Use OPEN; Campground closed.
- Bald Point State Park, Wakulla County OPEN
- Big Lagoon State Park, Escambia County OPEN
- Big Shoals State Park, Hamilton County OPEN
- Blackwater Heritage State Trail, Santa Rosa County OPEN
- Blackwater River State Park, Santa Rosa County OPEN
- Caladesi Island State Park, Pinellas County OPEN
- Cayo Costa State Park, Lee County OPEN
- Camp Helen State Park, Bay County CLOSED
- Cedar Key Museum State Park, Levy County OPEN
- Cedar Key Scrub State Reserve, Levy County OPEN
- Constitution Convention Museum State Park, Gulf County CLOSED
- Crystal River Archaeological State Park, Citrus County OPEN
- Crystal River Preserve State Park, Citrus County OPEN
- Deer Lake State Park, Walton County CLOSED
- Dr. Julian G. Bruce St. George Island State Park, Franklin County CLOSED
- Dudley Farm Historic State Park, Alachua County OPEN
- Econfina River State Park, Taylor County OPEN
- Eden Gardens State Park, Walton County OPEN
- Edward Ball Wakulla Springs State Park, Wakulla County OPEN
- Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park, Citrus County OPEN
- Fanning Springs State Park, Levy County OPEN
- Falling Waters State Park, Washington County CLOSED
- Florida Caverns State Park, Jackson County CLOSED
- Forest Capital Museum State Park, Taylor County OPEN
- Fort Cooper State Park, Citrus County OPEN
- Fred Gannon Rocky Bayou State Park, Okaloosa County OPEN
- Gilchrist Blue Springs State Park, Gilchrist County OPEN
- Grayton Beach State Park, Walton County OPEN!
- Henderson Beach State Park, Okaloosa County OPEN (Some restrictions?)
- Ichetucknee Springs State Park, Columbia County OPEN
- John Gorrie Museum State Park, Franklin County CLOSED
- Lafayette Blue Springs, Lafayette County OPEN
- Lake Jackson Mounds Archeological State Park, Leon County OPEN
- Lake Talquin State Park, Leon County CLOSED
- Letchworth-Love Mounds Archaeological State Park, Leon County OPEN
- Madison Blue Spring State Park, Madison County OPEN
- Manatee Springs State Park, Levy County OPEN
- Marjorie Harris Carr Cross Florida Greenway CLOSED
- Natural Bridge Battlefield Historic State Park, Leon County OPEN
- Nature Coast State Trail, Levy County OPEN
- O’Leno State Park, Columbia County OPEN
- Ochlockonee River State Park, Wakulla County Campground CLOSED Park Open
- Orman House Historic State Park, Franklin County CLOSED
- Perdido Key State Park, Escambia County OPEN
- Ponce de Leon Springs State Park, Holmes County OPEN
- Price’s Scrub, Marion County OPEN
- Rainbow Springs State Park, Marion County OPEN
- River Rise Preserve State Park, Alachua County OPEN
- San Marcos de Apalache Historic State Park, Wakulla County CLOSED
- Stephen Foster Folk Culture Center State Park, Hamilton County OPEN
- St. Andrews State Park, Bay County CLOSED
- St. Marks River Preserve State Park, Leon County OPEN
- Suwannee River State Park, Suwannee County OPEN
- Suwannee River Wilderness State Trail, Lafayette County OPEN
- Tallahassee – St. Marks Historic Railroad State Trail, Leon County OPEN
- Tarkiln Bayou Preserve State Park, Escambia County OPEN
- T.H. Stone Memorial St. Joseph Peninsula State Park, Gulf County CLOSED
- Three Rivers State Park, Jackson County CLOSED
- Topsail Hill Preserve State Park, Walton County Campground CLOSED Park Open
- Torreya State Park, Liberty & Gadsden Counties CLOSED
- Troy Springs State Park, Lafayette County OPEN
- Waccasassa Bay Preserve State Park, Levy County OPEN
- Weeki Wachee Springs State Park, Hernando County OPEN
- Werner-Boyce Salt Springs State Park, Pasco County OPEN
- Wes Skiles Peacock Springs State Park, Lafayette County OPEN
- Withlacoochee State Trail, Citrus County OPEN
- Yellow River Marsh Preserve State Park, Santa Rosa County OPEN
- Yulee Sugar Mill Ruins Historic State Park, Citrus County OPEN
Check your campground reservations:
Visitors with campground or cabin reservations should contact Reserve America for reservation information at 888-622-9190 (8 a.m. to 8 p.m.) or TDD (888) 433-0287.
For additional updates, go to www.floridastateparks.org
State offices in these counties are closed until further notice:
Bay, Calhoun, Franklin, Gadsden (will re-open on Monday, Oct 22, 2018), Gulf, Jackson, Liberty and Washington.
Hurricane Information Hotline: 1-866-580-7437
State Forests in the Panhandle/North Florida
Check the status for individual campgrounds here: Dept. of Agriculture
Blackwater River — Open
Point Washington — Closed campgrounds:
- Eastern Lake Campground 1
- Eastern Lake Campground 2
Pine Log — Closed campgrounds:
- Sand Pond Campground
- Sand Pond Pavilion
- Sand Pond Group Camp
- Pine Log Primitive Campsites
- Baptism Hole Group Camp
Tate’s Hell — Tate’s Hell State Forest is open and all campgrounds are open except for Womack Creek Campground.
Lake Talquin — Closed campgrounds:
- High Bluff Campground
- Ft. Braden Primitive Campsites
- Bloxham Pavilion
- Lines Youth Group Camp
- Bear Creek Youth Group Camp
Note: Due to logging operations trails and camping are closed on The Lines Tract.
Wakulla — Wakulla State Forest is closed
Plank Road — Open
Twin Rivers — Open
Big Shoals — Open
John M. Bethea — Open
Gulf Islands National Seashore — OPEN, except…
The Fort Pickens Area and Campground will reopen at 9 a.m. on Friday, October 19.
Highway 399 through the Santa Rosa Areas will remain closed for approximately three months while repairs are completed.
The Battery Cooper Loop Road at the Fort Pickens Area is closed.
The Davis Bayou Fishing Pier is currently closed due to hurricane damage.
Little Langdon restrooms north of Battery Langdon are closed.
The Fort Pickens Campground Store is currently closed until further notice.
Gulf Islands closures hotline (850) 934-2656.
Apalachicola National Forest — Closed
All offices, roads, trails and campgrounds on the Wakulla and Apalachicola Ranger Districts are closed until further notice.
The Osceola and Ocala National Forests remain open. They, and other national forests in the Southern Region unaffected by Hurricanes Michael and Florence, will continue to waive fees at campgrounds and concessionaire-managed sites for evacuees and displaced individuals from both storms.
Northwest Florida Water Management District Campgrounds
All recreation sites in the District remain closed until further notice. Check the status for individual campgrounds here: nwfwater.com/Lands/Recreation
Wildlife Management Area closures
Check closure status here: myFWC.com/notices/