Florida State Park’s “Summer 2018 Photo Contest” received 2,716 entries submitted between July 1 and Sept. 30, 2018.
Here are the winners:
Grand-Prize Winner: Linda Wilinski won a PEAK Inflatable 10’6 Stand Up Paddle Board Complete Package and a Florida State Parks Family Annual Entrance Pass.
Her photo, “Sunrise Paddle,” captures a moment at sunrise while kayaking at Lake Louisa State Park.
Linda and her husband enjoy visiting Florida State Parks to camp and kayak, and capturing the places they visit with her camera.
As Annual Pass holders, their favorite state parks to visit include Myakka River, Weeki Wachee Springs, Rainbow Springs, Ichetucknee Springs, Gilchrist Blue Springs, Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife, Silver Springs and Highlands Hammock.
You can see more of Linda’s work and read her blog at www.lindawphotography.com
Read this related story about Lake Louisa State Park.
Second-Prize Winner: Heather Chadwick won a Garmin Forerunner 735XT Heart Rate Monitor Watch and 12 Florida State Parks Day Entrance Passes.
Her photo, “Owl Love at Myakka,” was taken at Myakka River State Park.
Even after visiting the park for almost 30 years, Heather continues to find more tucked-away treasures with each visit, including this pair of Barred Owls.
Here’s a related article about Myakka River State Park.
Third-Prize Winner: Lana Velazquez won a Garmin eTrex 20x GPS and six Florida State Parks Day Entrance Passes. Her photo, “Surfing in Sebastian Inlet Park,” was taken at Sebastian Inlet State Park.
Lana was inspired to visit after seeing photos of surfers at Sebastian Inlet, and this photo was taken during her first opportunity to watch them. She looks forward to visiting more parks in the future.
Here’s a related article about Sebastian Inlet State Park.
Winter 2019 Photo Contest Information:
The Florida State Parks’ Winter 2019 Photo Contest begins on Jan. 2, 2019 and runs through March 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Winners will be announced in May 2019.
For guidelines and the official contest rules, go to http://www.flstateparksphotos.com/rules
Photos will be judged on the following criteria: (i) originality, (ii) artistic composition, and (iii) whether the photograph showcases the best of Florida™s state parks experiences and recreational opportunities based on the category entered.
The categories are:
- Celebrate Winter – Winter in Florida is very different than most places in the country, with sand instead of snow and shorts instead of sweaters. Show us how you celebrate winter – Florida-style!
- Celebrate Traditions – Share how you, your family and friends celebrate time-honored experiences and create new traditions in Florida State Parks.
- Celebrate Special Events – Florida State Parks host special events throughout the year. From the Festival of Lights to the Florida Folk Festival, share your experiences celebrating with us.
- Celebrate Nature – Winter is the perfect time to get out into nature in Florida. Capture your experiences while exploring the great outdoors in Florida State Parks!
- Celebrate History and Culture – Experience the culture and history of Florida! Winter is a great time to visit a historic site, tour an old Florida homestead or to experience a living history reenactment. Share your photos as you uncover the unique history and culture at Florida State Parks.
Submit your entries here: www.flstateparksphotos.com/enter any time after Jan 2.