Last updated on August 18th, 2018 at 08:11 am
FloridaRambler.com is sensitive to your desire for privacy, and we do everything in our power to block malicious web robots, called “bots,” from scanning our site or our database to harvest even “public” information.
Our technology identifies bots with a history of malicious behavior, so we scramble e-mail addresses in our articles and on your comments, while still allowing individual users, such as yourself, to view our content.
We block all inquiries from known sources of malicious hackers.
When our web site is attacked by hackers, spammers or bots, we deploy defensive actions to block them at the gate.
SSL — Secure Sockets Layer
Although FloridaRambler.com does not conduct e-commerce or facilitate financial transactions on our web site, we have added additional layer security with a secure sockets layer (or SSL).
SSL ensures a secure connection between your browser and our secure servers so that hackers cannot intervene or disrupt your experience.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Email newsletters related cookies: This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
- The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you. For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Google Plus will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- Email: email@example.com
Advertising Review Policy
FloridaRambler.com blocks sensitive ads that are offensive or misleading, such as “get rich quick” ads, “black magic” ads, visually offensive cosmetic procedures and body modification, adult web sites and ads that are sexually suggestive.
We also periodically review advertisers that slip through our filters by falsely identifying their subject matter to evade scrutiny.
Our purpose in screening ads is two-fold: We don’t want to offend readers, and we want to provide quality company for legitimate advertisers.
While visiting FloridaRambler.com, you may click on a link that directs you to another web site not under the control of FloridaRambler.com’s policies.
We make every attempt to include only links to third-party sites that we feel are relevant to our content and our readers, but we make no other representation concerning the content of these destination sites.
We are not responsible for the accuracy, relevancy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of material.
Compliance with European Union Privacy Rules (GDPR)
FloridaRambler.com is in full compliance with General Data Protection Regulations, also known as GDPR.
Under GDPR, if visitors originate from the European Union, we must obtain the visitors’ consent before serving personalized advertising or collecting personal information.
European Union visitors are served only non-personalized ads. The ads they see are either randomly selected or based on the context of the article they are reading.
Be assured the contents of your e-mails will be held in the strictest confidence.
Bob Rountree and Bonnie Gross, co-publishers, Florida Rambler Media