Last updated on August 16th, 2021 at 11:59 am
Remember that science is not facts, science is learning.
And scientists learn more about coronavirus and its variants every day. They’ll learn even more tomorrow.
Until they give the “all-clear” signal, we should…
- Wear a mask in public to protect yourself and others
- Maintain social distancing to reduce exposure to the virus
- Wash your hands often to protect yourself and your family
- Get vaccinated as soon as we can
- Use the bathroom in your camper, if you have one
- Keep six feet between you and other campers
- Avoid areas that don’t offer safe distancing
- Respect others’ ability to social distance
- Avoid hugs, handshakes and large gatherings
- Limit groups to 10 or fewer
- Dispose of trash in dumpsters
- Avoid using campground laundry facilities
- Do not touch other campers’ laundry
- Restroom closures will be more frequent than usual
- Use shower facilities another time if they are busy
- Wait outside occupied facilities and stand six feet apart while waiting
- Stay home if you feel sick.
- Return home if you exhibit symptoms.
Hiking and Playing Outside: American Hiking Society FAQ
Bike Riding Safety during the pandemic: Consumer Reports
Is It Safe to Go Camping? Outside Magazine
Diving Safety Tips during COVID-19: Divers Alert Network
Coronavirus and Swimming: U.S. Masters Swimming
How to Surf Safely during the pandemic: Surfer Today
Guidance from the national Centers for Disease Control
Lend a hand. People are still going hungry
A note from the editor:
The information in this article was accurate when published but can change without notice. Please confirm details when planning your trip by following the links in this article.
This article is the property of FloridaRambler.com and is protected by U.S. Copyright Law. Re-publication without written permission is against the law.
Bob Rountree is a beach bum, angler and camper who has explored Florida for decades. No adventure is complete without a scenic paddle trail or unpaved road to nowhere. Bob co-founded FloridaRambler.com with fellow journalist Bonnie Gross 12 years ago.