St. Augustine Lions Club Seafood Festival
When: March 22-24, 2019
Where: Francis Field, 29 West Castillo Drive, Saint Augustine, Florida
Admission: $5 for adults, children under 15 are free.
Hours: Friday, 3 – 9 pm; Saturday, 10 am – 9 pm; Sunday 11 am – 5 pm
Notes: No pets or coolers.
An all-American musical line-up once again lights up the stage the St. Augustine Lions Seafood Festival this weekend. From jazz to bluegrass, non-stop entertainment from Friday at 4 p.m. until Sunday at 6 p.m. features an eclectic mix of jazz, blues, acoustic, country and bluegrass.
This festival is a cooperative effort of nearly a dozen Lions Clubs, some as far away Jacksonville, who supply volunteers to participate and raise money for their club’s respective charities.
In addition to seafood, you’ll find 100 artisan booths in the Arts and Crafts show, a Kids Zone and Pirate Village.
On the menu at St. Augustine’s Lions Club Seafood Festival
Much of the seafood is local, although that’s not necessarily a requirement. Food is purchased with tokens, which are refundable if you don’t use them all.
Here’s a sample of seafood offerings
Greek Flame — Lobster Nachos – Seafood Sampler – Paella – Crab cakes
Dawg House — Gourmet Mac N Cheese with your Choice of Crab, Shrimp, Lobster, Scallop and more.
Sherri’s Crab Cakes — Famous Crab Cakes – Cream of Crab Soup
Mac Daddy’s — Grouper Bites – Fish and Chips – Shrimp, Oyster, Gator Baskets – Crab Cakes – Po’boys – Seafood Platter – Soft Shell Crab
Drinks: Soda – Water – Beer – Wine – Tea – Floats – Grog – Fresh Lemonade
In addition to seafood, booths will serve pizza, BBQ pork, chicken and ribs, Italian sausage and peppers, hot dogs, corn dogs and similar festival fare.
For more information, visit www.lionsfestival.com
- 3:45 — Tommy Pricenor, Acoustic Guitar
- 5:00 — Jax English Salsa Band
- 7:00 — Those Guys Jazz Party of Orlando
- 10:15 — Music “N” Motion of Limelight Theater
- 11:15 — John Dickie IV & Collapsible B
- 1:00 — Sunset East Band
- 3:00 — Mandalla Music
- 5:00 — Those Guys Trio of Orlando
- 7:00 — Billy Buchanan Rock N Soul Revue!
- 11:15 — Lonesome Bert & Skinny Lizards
- 1:00 — Southern Tide
- 3:00 — Davis & The Loose Cannons. Traditional country and honky tonk
Other seafood festivals scheduled the weekend of March 22-24, 2019
March 23-24, 2019. Jupiter Seafood Festival, Carlin Park, Jupiter,
March 22-24, 2019. Marco Island Seafood Festival, Marco Island, Admission $10 per day. (Rotary fundraiser)
March 23, 2019. Taste of the Sea & Sandy Shoes Seafood Festival, Fort Pierce. Free Admission. Craft Beer Pavilion, seaplane rides, entertainment.
March 24, 2019. Islamorada Seafood Festival and Art Show, 8153 Old Highway, Islamorada. 11 am-5 pm. Admission: $5 donation requested.
Related Florida Rambler articles:
- For a complete schedule of seafood festivals in Florida, check out our 2019 Seafood Festival Calendar.
- RV Camping in North Florida’s State Parks
- Whale watching on Florida’s northeast coast
- Washington Oaks Gardens: Beach sculptures
- Castillo de San Marcos: Historic fort in the oldest city
- Fort Matanzas is a charmer
- Magical Princess Place beckons
Find a campsite near St. Augustine:
- Anastasia State Park (3 miles)
- St. Augustine Beach KOA (3 miles)
- Favor-Dykes State Park (16 miles)
- Bulow RV Resort (30 miles)
- Gamble Rogers State Recreation Area (34 miles)